When we discuss Indian hockey, the name Dhyan Chand rings a bell. Truly, the man was a virtuoso and a wizard when it came to employing the stick.
The man was a piece of India’s effective hockey battles in 1928, 1932 and 1936 when we won gold at the Olympics. In any case, there is something else entirely to him than exactly what we have seen o the field.
Before you begin considering yourself a Dhyan Chand fan, here are a few actualities you should think about him.
1. At 16, the British Army utilized him as a Sepoy
2. His name was Dhyan Singh, he got the name Dhyan Chand on the grounds that he used to rehearse under the twilight
3. Hitler was so inspired by his amusement that he offered him German citizenship and a rank of Colonel in the German Army
4. Authorities in the Netherlands broke his stick to check if there was a magnet, so great was his diversion.
5. In 1956 he got the Padma Bhushan
6. When he cleared out the armed force in 1956, he was a Major
7. Batting legend Don Bradman revealed to him that he scored objectives like he scored runs